3.3K Ellen Weber and her black Labrador Retriever, Francis, bound across the Fenner Quadrangle together almost every day. While it looks like it’s just a student walking her adorable dog, Francis is actually on the job. He is an allergen detection service dog who is trained to detect latex. Weber has an airborne latex allergy that is life-threatening, so Francis sniffs his way through campus to keep her safe. francis_the_nose_knows In the following Q&A, Weber tells us about her canine companion:Francis is 1 ½ years old, turning two on March 31. Weber is a senior earth and environmental science major. The two live together in The Towers. You can follow Francis on Instagram at
- How did you and Francis meet?
- How was he trained to be an allergen detection dog?
- What is his favorite spot on campus?
- What is his favorite treat?
- What is people’s reaction when they see you on campus?
- What is your favorite thing about him?
- What do you want to tell him?