Wilkes University’s Air Force ROTC Detachment 752 has announced the commissioning of officers in the Class of 2021. Six graduating students received the rank of 2nd lieutenant in the United States Air Force. The newly commissioned officers earned bachelor’s degrees at Wilkes University in May 2021.
The newly commissioned officers and their post-graduation Air Force assignments are:
- Franco Balbuena of Wilkes-Barre, Pa., will be stationed at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California where he will be a nuclear and missile operations officer. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology.
- Ryan Cupp of Glenville, Pa., is entering training at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida to become an Air Battle Manager. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering.
- Daniel Mack of Hanover, Pa., is entering pilot training at Columbus Air Force Base in Columbus, Miss. He earned a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering.
- Zachary Rodriguez of Egg Harbor Twp., N.J., is entering training at Goodfellow Air Force Base in Texas to be an acquisitions officer. He earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in management.
- Korbin Schlichter of Bloomsburg, Pa., will be stationed at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina where he will be a civil engineer officer. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering.
- Justin Sprenkle of York, Pa., is entering training at The Cyber Technical School at Keesler Air Force Base in Miss. for a career in cyber operations. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics and computer science.